A regency corset- DONE!
1810 working day dress- DONE x 2
1810 something fancier dress- DONE!
1750s linen gown with robings- Errr..nope!
1750s wool gown with robings- DONE!
1770s campfollower wool gown- Nope, again!
1770s silk bonnet- Check. Big time.
Regency bonnet- Check again, big time, again!
In January I completed two projects- a set of Regency short stays which I don't have a picture of- and my very first Regency gown from printed cotton:
|At Gennessee Country Village in June|
In March I made...more bonnets! And struggled with a Regency bib-front that was a disaster and is still in a pile in the corner of my sewing room.
In April I made what is sorta a 1750s gown. It is made of green wool and has robings, which are evil things that I had a great deal of trouble with. This was one of my classic OMG THE EVENT IS TOMORROW gowns that I made before Ft. Fred Market Faire, and it was only when I got to the event that I realized I hadn't brought shorter petticoats, so I had my friend Julie puff up the skirts for me (and no, that doesn't make it a Polonaise), which is NOT a 1750s style! So the picture is a bit strange:
In May I made another Regency gown, this one long sleeved and with a wonderful stripey cotton print that my friend Julie gave me (the same Julie that pinned my dress up in the previous picture!). Ridiculously, I only have a tiny number of pictures, none of which show the whole thing. This will have to do:
|I love this gown!|
And the epic hat of epicness:
And then there was August. And September, and the rest. While my bonnet-making continued into November, that was it for my dressmaking. I guess that means that technically I failed my resolution, but I also made TWENTY EIGHT bonnets and 4 hats, including the one above. Holy crap. Here are some of them!
(P.S. Several of these are for sale in my Etsy shop and I do take commissions!)
So, overall I think I'm pretty pleased with my 2011 output!